Keck Home Inspections is a PADEP Certifided Radon tester . PADEP# 3280
RADON IN THE HOME
Radon is an odorless, invisible, radioactive gas that can enter your home from the ground through cracks in the foundation. A known human carcinogen, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
Pennsylvania has one of the most serious radon problems in the United States. Approximately 40 percent of Pennsylvania homes have radon levels above Environmental Protection Agency’s action guideline of 4 picocuries per liter.
You can search for radon test data by zip code, but hands down, the smartest thing to do is to test your home for radon, no matter where you live. Protect yourself and your loved ones: Do a home radon test.
- We use a sun nuclear continuous radon monitor 1028
- 48 hour test will be done to determine radon level
- You will receive a digital report with hourly graph showing radon levels
- If you are doing a radon test with a home inspection we like to start the radon test 48 hours before the inspection if possible so we have all th reports done at the same time .
- You will receive your report the SAME DAY the test is complete so to not delay your real estate transaction.
- Why pay to do a radon test ? Radon systems can cost ($500-$1500) You will be able to negotiate the cost with the home seller saving you money .